September 12, 2019
- Approval of June WAC minutes. Treasurer’s Report. (5 minutes)
- Issues from the community (10 minutes)
- Parks, Open Spaces, and NewCAL. Update on NewCAL and the city’s consideration of Albermarle as the top site. (20 minutes)
- Recap of July meeting regarding Chestnut St. (5 minutes)
- Update on joint area council debate planning. (5 minutes)
- WAC letter to thank Rep. Ruth Balser and Senator Cindy Creem for getting a $50,000 allocation in the state budget for a study of Quinobequin Parkland. (5 minutes)
- Update on re-development of Wellesley office park. (10 minutes)
- Update on 20 Kinmonth Road development. The developer has filed an application for a special permit for a development of 24 units at the site of the former Waban Health Center. View the materials on the Waban Area Council website. (10 minutes)
- WAC policy on content for email blasts. (20 minutes)
- Nomination Papers for Area Council members are due September 20th. Papers can be picked up at City Hall in the clerk’s office.
- Sudbury Aqueduct Trail Community Meeting Thursday September 26th, 7pm at Waban Library Center. This meeting regarding a proposed permit for a portion of the Sudbury Aqueduct Trail (north from Rt. 9 to the T tracks) is co-sponsored by the Upper Falls, Newton Highlands, and Waban Area Councils and will allow residents to hear about the proposal and give comments to city officials.
- Northland Development. The Land Use Committee will meet on Wednesday, September 11th at 7:00 pm to hear an overview of the design guidelines, community benefits and the request to rezone the site. Note there will be no public comment and there are a few other items on the agenda prior to the Northland discussion.
- Winter Parking Ban has been shortened. The winter parking ban will now run from December 1 to March 31st.
Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 7:30pm